Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 6, 2011

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I haven't had to take any anti-nausea meds since Wednesday night. I have still had a few moments of queasiness, particularly around luncthtime or when I feel stressed. I don't know why stress seems to aggravate it, but it does.

My blood levels were good again on Thursday, and the oncology folks promise they will give me more "goodies" in my infusion on the 17th to help with nausea. And I believe that means I will get more steroids which come with their own set of fun -- difficulty sleeping, eating everything in sight, flushed skin, more rapid heartbeat. Fun.

Over the past few days I've come to the conclusion that I will just have to deal with nausea with the next three treatments when it comes and for however long it stays. These drugs aren't causing the aching bones that I had with Taxol, and I'm definitely not as fatigued, and I don't know why I've been spared the fatigue.

For the past couple of days, I have cleaned house and cooked and ironed and just done things that I have wanted to do. Some of you may be saying I'm crazy to "want" to do things like that, but I LIKE cooking and cleaning and doing like that. I'm just so thankful that I have felt good enough to be up and doing!

So, I have another week and a half of feeling relatively good before getting hit again and then having to recover. But that's the way it is with chemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment