Thursday, February 9, 2012

May 2, 2011

Just a quick note to let everyone know that my radiation treatment will probably start next week instead of today. Last week's storms left the Cancer Center without power for nearly three days, and then they were backed up on getting patients treated, so we put off my CT-RTP until May 2. Because of the rain and flooding all over this area, they just called to tell me they are literally sandbagging the parking lot to try to keep water from getting in the building. I told them I didn't want to start radiation until next week anyway! Traci graduates this weekend and this cancer treatment mess just clutters up my life!

Regardless of the clutter and busy-ness, I am ever mindful of the fact that I have so much to be thankful for in the midst of these storms.

Thank you for continuing to pray for me as I face radiation and potential lymphedema. No swelling, no swelling! I sleep with my arm elevated and walk around with it up in the air to help with drainage--just in case.

Once I get my CT-RTP completed, I will let everyone know the radiation start date.

No comments:

Post a Comment