Wednesday, February 8, 2012

September 28, 2010 - Recovery

I just read the comments in the "guestbook" and boy, am I humbled by the outpouring of support and prayers! And with each one your comments, I remember wonderful memories and how you have touched our lives over the years.

I'm in a little bit of pain tonight, and I'm about to take one of the handy-dandy Lortabs to help with that, and then I'm hitting the hay!

I feel really good about getting the surgery completed, and now it's time to heal so I can start radiaition. I asked the surgeon if all of the lymph glands lit up from the radioactive dye, and he said they did not, but the protocol for lymph glands is to remove all under the arm if the sentinel nodes are positive for cancer. I am hoping the lab report on those extra nodes comes back clear, and all of these little steps will determine what type of chemo I get after radiation has been completed.

I have a lovely drain tube hanging out from under my arm, and that's probably bothering me more than anything. I'm having a hard time not lifting the dog or bending over to pick things up. How do you break habits of 49 years??!

I wouldn't let my mom or Barry's mom stay with me at the hospital last night because it is so hard to sleep in a fold out bed at the hospital, and there is never enough rest for the sitter. But my good friend, Becky Walker, stayed with me through the night, and apart from my being a little loopy, it was a fun night--almost like a bunking party! Come to think of it, Becky acted a little loopy, too, but I don't know her excuse!

Thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment